Winter can take a toll on our moods, but rather than running to Stop & Shop to stock up on bread, I try to get psyched up for the impending storm by coming up with my storm list. I want to be sure there’s plenty of enjoyable activities on the list, especially when the storm is on a weekend. Although I may slip in a few productive things too.
That’s a pic from one of last year’s storms, and you can bet making a fire will be on the list this weekend.
Also on the list…
- Dive into some fun reading (no biz or work!) in front of the fire with the a cup of the new chai tea I just picked up
- Bake something – maybe cookies or a banana bread for my new neighbors
- Start the KonMari process on my books. Maybe!
- Write a hand written note to someone I haven’t been in touch with for awhile
- Watch a cheesy chick flick with a big bowl of popcorn
- Finish setting up new office files for 2016
- Take a nap!
Now, when the storm kicks in, rather than thinking UGH, I will be saying YAY!
So what’s on your storm list?