We are what we think; as we desire so do we become! By our thoughts, desires, and habits, we either ascend to the full divine dignity of our nature, or we descend to suffer and learn.– J. Todd Ferrier
It used to be you are what you eat, right? Well that’s still pretty true too.
I wanted to share this powerful quote, because it was a needed reminder to me to choose my thoughts carefully.
Last week I had a challenging experience, probably one of the tougher ones I’ve had to face. And it’s been dominating my thoughts for days.
Then I read this quote popped into my in-box and I decided to focus on what I wanted to be this week. And I can assure you it wasn’t someone who was stressed and losing sleep!
If I am what I think and if that shapes who I will BE…then what do I want to be this week:
- A supportive friend who listens
- An instructor who teaches four awesome classes this week
- A volunteer at the Soup Kitchen donating time & lots of energy
- A manager who gives positive feedback to the people around me
- A person who is healing (and thus getting a massage this week for those stubborn injuries!)
- A great date for my hubby to Tressa’s wedding (including not forcing him to dance — too much)
“….as we desire so do we become! “
What do you want to be this week?