We are fast approaching mid-year and I don’t know about you, but I feel like 2022 is SPEEDING by.
If you set goals or made plans for yourself, or your business , in January and feel that somewhere things went awry, then here is my favorite question to get the train back on track.
Who do I have to become to_______________?
Some popular examples might be:
- Who do I have to become to reach six figures in my business?
- Who do I have to become to lose ten pounds?
- Who do I have to become close more clients?
- Who do I have to become have more adventures?
Those are all common goals I hear from clients.
Your answers might look something like this:
- Who do I have to become to reach six figures in my business? I need to become someone who consistently focuses on revenue generating activities and expands my network.
- Who do I have to become to lose ten pounds? I need to become a person who moves my body daily.
- Who do I have to become close more clients? I need to become a person who is confident and skilled in sales.
- Who do I have to become to have more adventures? I need to become someone who gets out of my comfort zone and plans more trips.
You get where I’m going with this.
This is a way to cut through the noise and focus on what actions or habits are needed to move you closer to where you want to be.
Last week I shared about being overwhelmed and juggling a lot of new opportunities.
So I asked myself that magic question.
Who do I have to become to take on the projects that excite me AND still find balance?
I have to be a person who is fiercely intentional with my time and energy.
So a person who is fiercely intentional with her time and energy probably doesn’t scroll social media as often as I get can sucked into doing.
Now, I have a first tangible step to guide me in becoming that person.
As a result, I took a digital detox for most of Sunday. It was fabulous! I was able to devote some time to the things I never get around to, AND just relax, read a book, and soak in the tub alllowing me the balance I was craving. It was one simple step in the direction of what I desire.
Let me know if you play around with that question and what you find out.