April seemed more like winter than spring to me, but despite the weather I was in ‘spring cleaning mode.’ My theme for last month was RELEASE. And boy, did that feel good!
What does release feel like to you?
For me it’s freeing, liberating, exhilarating, and fun. It also creates momentum. It’s a matter of energy and making way for new opportunities.
A few of the things I released last month:
- Donated two boxes and six shopping bags to the library
- Took an entire trunk full of old electronics to the dump
- Dropped off a car full of bags of clothes and miscellaneous stuff at the Good Will
- Got rid of two bags of office supplies on Free-cycle
- Listed some other items on Facebook Marketplace (those items are still available)
- Gave a bunch of accessories to Dress for Success at a fundraiser.
- Worked with my biz coach to re-frame and release a very big belief that was NOT serving me (this was probably the biggest accomplishment of the month).
Here’s the thing, as a person who approaches projects with a plan, I didn’t have one other than my intention to release.
I was by no means Kon-Mari-ing it (if you don’t get the reference, Google Marie Kondo). Instead, anytime I had an extra 15 or 20 minutes, I’d spring into action and do as much as I could in that window of time. That’s the key with things like this, you just have to jump in, otherwise it’s too daunting.
Well, what happened, you may wonder?
I received three speaking invitations, I was offered a MELT Method teaching assistant position in the fall, my team enrolled more new customers in April in any other month so far this year, and I received an unexpected flower arrangement on my doorstep, just to name a few.
Release. Momentum. Receive.
That’s pretty much how the cycle goes.
What can you release today?