I’ve been off the grid a little more than usually the last two weeks. If we’re connected on social media, you may have seen that I was traveling through Iceland with Women’s Quest.
This was a spectacular adventure on so many levels.
The scenery, the activities, the culture, were oustanding, but the women I traveled with, and our guide, really elevated the experience.
I’m still soaking it in, getting back in sync with the time zone, and regrouping.
This was a jam packed trip, so there wasn’t time for reflection and I am really taking the time now to process the experience and what it means to me.
My theme this year is REINVENTION, and this was a powerful way to continue to fuel that intention.
These are the random thoughts from yesterday’s morning journaling. Yes, I already know much of this, but having the opportunity to fully embody and be reminded of these principles in a visceral and vibrant manner will allow me to really absorb them in a deeper way.
Here are my lessons, or reminders from the land of fire and ice thus far:
- I can do hard things
- Pushing beyond your limits is as much a mental game as a physical (probably more)
- Women can rule the world
- There is power in community, and especially sisterhood
- We have all had hard stuff happen that shapes us, but that we don’t have to let it to stop us
- Nature is spectacular
- We are the only ones in our way
- Travel is a great educator
- Comparison makes you feel like crap
- Unplugging is liberating and necessary
- Nature brings you closer to God (or whatever/whomever works for you), especially when you’re at the top of a volcano in 60 mph winds
- Everything always works out and if it doesn’t, it’s still going to be fine
- Play is important
- Timing is divinely inspired
- Movement keeps you vital and young
- Adventure is exhilarating
- Living your values is not only fulfilling, but fun
- Ask yourself what you want and need, and then do it
- Follow your intuition, you always have the answer deep inside you
The last one is a big one for me. It encourages me to get out of my head and tune into my heart.
You don’t have to go across the world to get out of your comfort zone and shake things up. If you want to though, I highly recommend checking out Women’s Quest, but you do you (another good lesson!).