I’m waiting for my husband to get back from his walk and then we’ll launch into our (now annual) New Year’s Eve tradition – a movie marathon with Thai take out and of course champagne.
While I wait I am reflecting on the year. I’ve been thinking about all I’ve experienced in 2010 and the lessons and memories which have made their mark.
In no particular order…
In 2010 I…..
- Tasted my first beignet in New Orleans
- Enjoyed several wonderful Broadyway shows in NYC
- Sang a Lady Gaga song at Karoke
- Heard Judi Shepard Missett give an incredibly nspirational speech
- Rode in the car with my step daughter driving for the first time
- Developed several new friendships with very special people
- Volunteered regularly at the Soup Kitchen
- Shared a ‘low country boil’ with my family while visiting them in Virginia
- Said good bye to some fantastic instructors who moved away and mentored a new one
- Played an awesome round of golf in Aruba
- Began giving regular Reiki sessions each month and broadening my reiki practice
- Made ravioli from scratch
- Attended a wonderfully moving fundraiser for the Bridgeport Rescue Mission
- Suffered a painful and challenging injury that kept me out of work for several weeks
- Traveled to San Diego and met my oldest friend for a margarita(oh and went to the zoo)
- Hosted the Sixth Annual Girl’s Night In and ended up with some cool accessories
- Biked 42 miles in the Five Boro Bike Tour
- Created a vision board
- Tried a lot of new wines
- Celebrated 20 year of teaching Jazzercise and danced with Tim Roberts
- Got a henna tattoo
- Received successful results after 3 stressful weeks of a possible bone cancer diagnosis
- Retreated to Kirpalu for some bliss
- Treated my staff to a evening at a spa
- Helped a friend going through a tragic & heartbreaking experience which tested my faith.
- Read 50 books
- Went zip lining and tree climbing
- Flambéed a dish for the first time
- Cultivated a more regular yoga practice and added yoga to our studio schedule
- Created a logo for my new business
- Hosted a summer cookout for my long time friends
It was a year of milestones, challenges, celebrations and pure gratitude.
Looking forward to the wild abundance of 2011.
Happy New Year.