We’re experiencing them at a record number and just about everyone you speak to is frustrated and complaining about the snow.
I’m doing my best to keep a positive outlook and ENJOY and embrace them. Hey, it’s the weather, there’s no way I can change it, so what else can I do.
Luckily I have the option to work from home, even when my studio has to close due to the weather. On the plus side, I can get lots of work done at home. But, a snow day isn’t really a snow day unless you weave in a little fun, so I’ve been doing a little of both this winter:
Here are some of things I’ve been up to the last few weeks.
- Trying new recipes like a yummy Indian vegetarian dish, and using celery root for the first time to make a tasty soup (celery root & white bean soup)
- Devoting time to more creative work projects and marketing ideas, such as designing the upcoming Be Your Own Valentine mini retreat.
- Tackling pesky work projects that never seem to get done like organizing files, cleaning out emails, reading industry publication and updating forms.
- Trying to master some technology that still evades me.
- Facing home projects that usually seem too overwhelming. Just a few minutes of cleaning the basement each day and I should be done by next winter.
- Catching up on what’s in my DVR (like the Ugly Betty episodes from 2009). No really.
- Reading, reading, & more reading with a steamy cup of tea.
With this extra unexpected time home, I don’t want to hear my self saying “I wish I had time to….” a few months from now.
Instead take this time and make it your most productive and fun.
How about you? How are you spending your snow days?