Thanks to Ajay our Guest Blogger today from UrbanWired!
Kettlebell exercises have found easy acceptance among all age groups of both genders on account of the great number of benefits these deliver in the shortest span of time and safely!
Although the equipment is fairly new, its benefits and good reviews have everyone looking out for them. Woman especially, could benefit from using the kettlebell to exercise as it ensures fitness, minus the bulkiness.
What is kettlebell Exercise?
Kettlebell has been the sought after workout weapon for Russian weight lifters for a long time and now and fitness experts have begun to realize its potential for the common man and woman.
The exercise is based on two dumbbells which have been modified through the addition of two curved and thick handles as a closed loop. The looped handles help maintain grip over the weights.
The weights are however, different for different age groups and genders. The major deviation with kettlebell exercises, is that the weight has to be balanced evenly and that too, at a distance from the hand. The weight of the kettlebell is placed at the center which is held some distance away from the grip. This provides ample opportunities for the development of flexibility in the body.
Some of the major benefits of kettlebell exercises for woman are –
• Strength and flexibility: Kettlebell exercises can be done with great variation in terms of weight and maneuvers. Women can effectively leverage the benefits of kettlebell exercises. The time duration can be set according to one’s convenience. The weights that are moving in a rhythm put the heart and circulatory system in a particular gear of performance. Moreover, the moving weight creates a safe pull force on the muscles of the hand and other parts of the body. It opens up the muscle flexibility to the maximum. Flexibility is one of the major outcomes of the kettlebell exercises. The continuous motion builds strength and flexibility faster than any other workout you have ever tried!
• Gain balance: The motion and weight that the kettlebell uses creates a great impact on your body, overall. When building strength you also build balance and you are constantly moving weights at a rhythmic pace. They don’t just work out any one muscle or group in your body, kettlebell simultaneously engage the entire body thus, improving your balance and overall body strength.
• Maximum calorie burn up: Kettlebell exercises are touted as the one of the best workout options for the purpose of calorie burning and fat loss from the body in a safe way! The weight variation, offers calories burn out for everyone from youngsters to adults.
As mentioned before, one of the prime benefits of kettlebell exercises for women is that it engages the entire body. The workout puts the body in high energy mode and this results in burning calories and fat!
Kettlebell exercises have to be performed in particular rhythm only so as to get the maximum benefits in a safe way. Some of the kettlebell exercises proposed for the beginners are –
1. Kettlebell swing – This works on your glutes and hamstrings. Just bend your knees and swing the kettlebell from your hips, in between you legs. Straighten up and bring the kettlebell will you chin.
2. Kettlebell push press – You can build some forearm and shoulder muscle and flexibility. Hold the kettlebell in one hand, squat, straighten up and take the hand holding the kettlebell right up, over your head.
3. Kettlebell chop lunge – Shoulder and legs flexibility and a good destressing option. Lunge forward with one leg, twisting your torso and moving the kettlebell around your body.
4. Kettlebell around-the-body-pass – Good exercise for the core. Hold the kettlebell with both hands. Start passing the kettlebell from one hand to the other, around your body.
5. Kettlebell standing pull-up – This is a good shoulder and chest workout. Hold the kettlebell with both hands straight. Now, pull up the kettlebell while protruding your elbows to both sides. Keep your arms and chest tense and you will feel your shoulders stretch.
Kettlebell exercises have become increasingly popular because of the benefits that they come with. Body toning is faster and more efficient than any other form of workout. Kettlebells are also easy to carry around to ensure that your workout regime doesn’t ever have to suffer when you’re traveling.