We’ve entered my favorite season! Woohoo!
Even though I’m NOT a Halloween fan, I’m a HUGE fan of fall.
This year, though, I find myself a bit more anxious as the weather begins to cool off since everything I’ve been doing the last several has been outdoors. I don’t know what my comfort level for indoor activity will be yet and how that will all unfold, but I decided I will still enter autumn with my usual excitement.
At the start of a new season there are always a few things I do to things freshen up.
Here are a few of simple things that enrich my environment. You can see some of my puttering results in the pic.
- Change out the wreath on my front door
- Add a few seasonal touches inside the house. I’m not into a lot of tchotchkes but I do like to add some items like little pumpkins and gourds in a bowl.
- Spruce up the outdoor space. I added a few mini pumpkins on the front porch. Next on the list, some mums and a bigger pumpkin for my front yard area.
- Diffuse, of course! I’m pumping the Harvest Spice blend daily in my kitchen and I love how it makes the whole house smell like fall. Other great fall scents are Clove, Wild Orange, and Cinnamon. The Onguard Blend is a great combo of fall scents with the added bonus of boosting your immune system.
- Toss cozy blankets and throws over all couches and chairs (not pictured).
- Create a fall wish list. This is something I do every season. It’s a way to be intentional about what I want to bring in and experience. My fall list this year includes things like: Make Grammy’s Wedding Soup from scratch, take a trip the Berkshires, go hiking, visit a winery, just to name a few.
How will you enter this new season with intention and what small tweaks can you make in your environment to elevate your experience?