Those who know me know I’m a huge fan of adventures and trying new things. My adventures with Pina had to take a back seat for awhile with all this darn post surgery nonsense.
And though my recovery continues to be a slow road, this weekend I decided to dip my toe in the water with a bit of adventure. Literally and figuratively. The chance to try Yoga on a Stand Up Paddle Board sounded exciting. Pina wasn’t available for this last minute plan, but I decided to give it a go anyway.
Obviously the gal in the photo is NOT me, but taking the iPhone out with me to snap photos wouldn’t have been wise, andI wanted to provide a visual for those who aren’t familiar with SUP (stand up paddle boarding).
Here’s what I learned:
- I still need to listen to my body. Though I was able to complete the 90 minute class, I did not do some of the yoga poses full out like I wanted, or would have months earlier. And I realized, that’s okay.
- Core strength is KEY to just about all movement
- Nature is a wonderful and beautiful healer
- Getting out of my comfort zone fills me with a feeling of pride and confidence
- There’s still a lot of things I can’t tackle yet, but I can ease in – dip in a toe from time to time
It was really a glorious day.
If you haven’t take the time to let nature restore you, you don’t need to get up on a paddle board. Just get outside and ENJOY!
PS Thanks to Elements Yoga and Down Under Kayaking !