I’m fresh off my annual jaunt to Kripalu and still riding high.
I’ve been going faithfully for about thirteen years now, and I can’t stress how much I value this quiet time alone.
Here’s a few things I didn’t do this time….
- I didn’t check in on FaceBook.
- I didn’t look at my email or surf online very often (just a few times!).
- I didn’t try to attend every single workshop, even though they’re all wonderful and I love to do them all.
- I didn’t go to yoga on the last morning. I’m not sure I ever missed a yoga class while at Kripalu, but the last morning my body and soul wanted to stay in bed. And so I did.
- I didn’t photograph my food.
- I didn’t make conversation with anyone during meal time. Eating in silence is a big switch for me.
- I didn’t care that I fell asleep in the lounge, twice. Naps are good.
- I didn’t think twice about treating myself to a wonderful Aryuvedic oils session. Wow!
Instead, as this sign in the cafe says, I listened to my inner voicemail. Even if you can’t get away for two or three days, finding some quiet place to unplug and tune in is invaluable!
I challenge you….find a way to listen to your inner voicemail….you may just be surprised at what comes up!