There’s something comforting about the fact that some things don’t change. When I reflect back on the year, I’m reassured by the constants in my life. Like, the fact that I’ll have read a ton of books throughout the year, traveled to Kripalu for a solo retreat and kicked off winter with a week in Aruba with hubby. I know that volunteering with my church will have found a place in my monthly routine and that I’ll have attempted to learn something new and to make a new friend. I’ll have enjoyed plenty of girls’ nights, had multiple meltdowns and lost too many hours of my life surfing the web.
I also find hope and encouragement in the fact that many new experiences, big and small, have come my way and that some of these moments will belong only to 2013 (at least let’s hope so!). There is pride in recalling some of them, and sadness in others. Still others serve as a symbol of how much I’ve grown and learned and some are cause for a big sigh of relief. The photos above were some of my favorite moments of 2013 and bring a smile to my face (even though I don’t necessarily mentioned in my list below).
But in absolutely no particular order, and far from a comprehensive list, 2013 was the year I….
- Tried Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga, yep at the same time
- Hosted my 100th show of A Matter of Balance on FTNS, and interviewed lots of other cool folks throughout the year too, including The Godfather’s Daughter, Rita Gigante (one of my faves!)
- Became a contributor to MindBodyGreen,
- Had a pineapple martini (not a big fan)
- Celebrated 10 years of marriage <3
- Completed B-school and became a part of this incredibly inspiring community
- Said good bye to an uncle, an aunt and a cousin, and I still get a lump in my throat when I think about the loss of our cousin Raymond
- Got loads of acupuncture
- Attended my 25 year college reunion and reminisced about the mundane and the monumental
- Started juicing (the green juice kind, not the A-Rod kind)
- Filmed fitness videos for eHow
- Got hooked on Downton Abbey
- Went to see a play in NYC with Japanese subtitles…and puppets
- Caught a fly ball at my nephew’s Birthday party at a minor league game (YES, I gave it to him)
- Discovered the MELT Method and became a certified Hand/Foot instructor (email me if you want to get out of pain OR slow down the aging process, or both!)
- Celebrated my retirement as a Jazzercise Center Owner and marked the occasion with an energetic packed house and some very special people
- Took a writing course, and actually read my pieces aloud in class (YIKES!)
- Had my Tarot cards read – (OMG, was that scarily accurate!)
- Had three surgeries in one day and a long recovery that continues to teach me patience and that my husband would make a good nurse
- Celebrated my Birthday with the world’s oldest Yoga teacher and am a better woman having met her
- Published my first e-book
It’s easier to know where you’re going, when you take a moment to reflect on where you’ve been. Where have you been this year? I’d love to hear one of your favorite moments.
Wishing you Health, Harmony and Kick-ass Heels in 2014!
Peace out on 2013,