For several years I’ve posted a blog on the last day of the year. I reflect on the year and consider the highlights, challenges, lessons, firsts, and even remember some of the mundane moments. I choose a handful and share them on my blog….“This was the year I….”
This year was sort of a holding pattern. There were no crazy adventures like hiking the Camino, no any major surgeries for me, no closing or starting businesses, or international service trips. Just kind of steady. Which is NOT a bad thing at all! There is a season for everything and sometimes the season is simply staying status quo.
In no particular order….2017 was the year I……
- Watched a rocket launch (very cool!)
- Went to the Ballet
- Ate barbecue in Nashville
- Experienced Equine Reiki
- Made it into the Bocce playoffs
- Attended my first doTerra Leadership Retreat
- Had my first root canal (UGH! and a bunch of complications)
- Tried Ariel Yoga
- Watched my team take home a win at Madison Square Garden
- Dressed up as a Superhero
- Fell flat on my face in Time Square (no alcohol involved, it was in the middle of the day)
- Tried escargot for the first time
- Went to see Paul McCartney in concert and got the bonus of an appearance by Bruce Springsteen (all Little Stevie)
- Made DIY soap for the first time with essential oils
The year came to a close with an unexpected medical emergency for my brother, Tom at the end of last week. I took this pic 48 hours earlier while we were visiting. He is thankfully doing well and on his way to a full recovery. But it was a severe jolt for our family and a reminder to me that your health and the people you love in this life are really ALL that matter.
And of course FAITH.
Wishing you a beautiful New Year full of PEACE and Joy!